DailyStandard.Com.Ng | The Authority In News Reporting

…The Authority In News Reporting

FG Orders Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service


The Abuja-Kaduna train service will resume on May 23, the Federal Government said on Monday.

The bombed train

Train services had been suspended on the route after terrorists attacked a train and abducted scores of passengers in March.
Most of those abducted are still in captivity.
In a statement signed by spokesperson Yakubu Mahmood, the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) said the decision to resume services does not mean efforts to secure the safe release of those abducted will be put on hold.
The families of those abducted have threated to resist the reopening of the train service.
” . . . the Government wishes to assure the relatives of the abducted citizens still in captivity that the safe rescue of these passengers is a top priority and not to misconstrue the resumption of train services, as abandonment or nonchalant attitude of the government towards their plight,” the NRC statement said.
“The Federal Government will never abdicate its responsibility in rescuing these valuable citizens, however, the government assures of its resolve not to succumb to threats by any faceless group.”
Repair works have been completed on the bombed tracks

Picture of some of male passengers abducted

Picture of some of female passengers abducted

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *